dinsdag 15 september 2009

The day before...

Tomorrow will be the day: the first one of our attendance at the Vital Rural Area Policy Forum. It should have been a good English language exercise for me, having written this handful of postings beforehand. Now over to the real thing.

What am I looking forward to?
A meeting in a good atmosphere, I guess. This is certainly not the first conference in Vital that I've visited. A lot of attendees are known to me. That helps.
Not always in the preliminary stages has there been peace and understanding. Some fireworks, when budget discussions came to their decisive stage!
Well, never were these so bad that hard feelings could not be repaired afterwards at the hotel bar...

What more to expect?
For me personally, a few days of blogging. At least, that's what the programme management team expects me to. So, if time permits, I'll be writing from hour to hour, describing what's happening and adding my private thoughts to the discussions.

Looking forward too I am to the short flight with the small chartered NOFA-plane from Groningen Airport to Norfolk. Some people aboard I know very well, and there will be some new faces.

High speeds and taking some meteorological risks - okay, I was used to both, but nevertheless not so happily I'm awaiting the fact that not I will have the rudder in hand of the dangerously small plane we'll be passengering in.

Maybe that's just the little voice of the small heart inside of me...

Geen opmerkingen: